View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #565
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would just keep in mind that this Z/28 isn't going to be another high volume option/model like when the ZL-1 and the 1LE were added to the line-up for a customer's choice at the lot...

They're not gonna price this car so that it takes away sales from their own line up that is now offered...

The sales numbers for the Z/28 won't be large enough to make it "affordable" like the others and have it's costs spread out with higher volume sales...

IMO, it's part of the "Z/28" thing, instead of the "Z28"....Just my take on it...
I agree, but the parts added and what the car will be doesnt compensate for more than $70k out the door. Sure it's a race car, but those deleted items to make it lighter would subtract from original price of a car then added parts in. If its more than $70k, you're simply paying for a name. I mentioned why I believe it'd be $70k out the door. A ZL-1 is not considered in the fleet. It's a specialized camaro as well. A 1LE is considered in the fleet because its a hair over an SS. What they sell production wise on ZL-1s in 2012? 2000?def not what they sold your avg camaro for. It'll be more than a ZL-1, but maybe $10k over. Otherwise you'd just get a Vette IMO.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is online now   Reply With Quote