View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello V6 LS Supercar!

Please keep us posted on your concern, and let us know if you need further assistance! We would be happy to help.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
Well today i moved the insulation a bit and it didnt help. I took the Camaro in and had a tech ride with me so i could point out the noise and get my tires rotated. The tech seems to make a good sugestion that the noise is just normal gear whine coming from the transmission sense the noise is only present under load at speed and goes away when i let it coast so that should rule out a bad bearing sense it is not a constant noise. Sense i have a stick shift all the gears in the tranny are metal to metal contact and that can be noisy vs all the clutches involved with auto trans. I also have less than 10k on the clock so things in the tranny are still a bit in the wear in period. So even though my whine is still there i guess theres not much i can do unless it gets worse or breaks but I think the tech could have a valid point it could just be tranny noise.