Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNW View Post
AEM Tru-boost EBC
http://www.aemelectronics.com/tru-bo...ller-gauge-757

Many of us have installed this type of EBC for an on-demand Low/High boost setting.
I am a newbie but a big fan of turbos. I was recommended an AEM fuel pressure and boost/AF failsafe guage. I went with that combo. I do like the warning and data logging features of the failsafe gauge. My request for a multiboost setup was not taken into consideration during the install. Maybe I was not clear enough about my goals. So now I have a 4lb tune that needs a little more work.

So as recommended here I am asking and paying for that higher boost tune and abandon the old tune. But if my tuner disagrees with this setup then I will just keep the 4lb tune for now and look into this later. I like driving my car at this level. 550 Dynojet measured RWHP is fun but very streetable in my 4,000 pound car. And I can finally get into the 11s, just not very often. Driver mod needed. Working on that. But I am running right about where a stock ZL1 runs with DRs (11.9-12.2). Just what I expected at 4lbs.

I do like the idea of an electronic controller, but to spend the least amount of $$, and add to that my gauge pod is full, I see the manual set up as the only (?) option. The danger here would be if I made a mistake with the controller I could fry my engine. To help me avoid this I could put a hose clamp on the controller to prevent overboost.

I would look at some sort of boost controller that is more precise but does not go in the gauge pod and is affordable. Any suggestions?

I think everyone here agrees with the high boost tune with the ability to lower the boost to the WG spring level as a common setup.