View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
The weird thing is that during the whole 530 mile trip, i saw only 1 Camaro, yes only 1!
I drove I-75 for over 700 miles Thursday night/Friday monring to Valdosta and didn't even see one (1) 2010 Camaro along the way. Thought I'd run into one or two groups on their way. On the other hand, I didn't see any cops either. Good, since I had cruise control set at 80 all the way to Atlanta. No, it was not very fun south of Atlanta with all the construction and 50 mph zones. Had to slow the cruise down to 65 for the last three hours.

Quote:
Those darn trucks always target me also???
I also believe they intentionally drive off the edge of the road into the dirt and gravel when they see me in their rear view mirrors!

I only counted two rock chips. But I did get nailed with a large piece of cardboard somewhere in South Carolina coming home. Mostly surface marks, but the passenger mirror took on some damage.

I tried a temporary clear wrap on my facia and was pretty happy with it. Looks bad, but whose going to notice at 80 mph? It worked, except the two spots I didn't cover got hit by rocks. And I forgot to cover the mirrors on the way back home.

I think the clear bras are an excellent idea, especially for the front bumper and mirrors. If you can't stand the thought, try this out on your next highway trip, you just peel it off when you get there along with all those dead bugs: http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?id=2614&cid=80
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote