View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Only drives on Sundays
Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
I have the Aeromotive Stealth and have not had any voltage or pressure problems, more or less... I also do not have the volt regulator.

The problem I do have is an apparent fuel cut in some circumstances. We believe it is related to one or both of these things:

1) Low fuel level. Without a full tank, there is less pressure to the pump. The Stealth does not use the factory pickup (as I understand it). It happens to me under hard acceleration (launching at the track), so it could also be low fuel sloshing around.

2) Fuel boiling. Theory is that without the volt regulator, the returned fuel gets hot and once it gets to a certain level, the hot fuel causes low pressure. My solution has been to keep the tank full since it's easier to heat up less fuel in the tank.

I am worried about the life of the pump as well and have plans to order the volt regulator with the hope that it will also address the apparent heated fuel problem.

Either way, for you, have you noted the fuel level when this occurs and is it a factor for you?

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote