View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlis View Post
Currently nothing,.. but I'm in the Navy and about to go on a 6 mo. deployment. I get a shit load of money for being overseas,... Family Separation Pay, Hazardous Duty Pay, and even tax free. I can feasibly come back with about $10k. And since I'm not getting my Z28 until 2011 anyway,... I'll have at least two deployments under my belt. So can we say about $20k-ish as a down payment?!?!?!?! HELL YEAH!!!
hey man Im Navy too, and I know all about deployments... Id get that fam sep pay, sea pay, sub pay, and pro pay. but Im headin to shore duty, and I gotta pay a mortgage on a house Im not living in, but I got bout 5K saved right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWz28 View Post
Pay yourself first. Set up an automatic debit from your pay check each pay period, take 10% off the top and invest it. By setting it up as an auto payment the money is out of sight out of mind....you won't even miss it.

All that being said I am a cash buyer.

JWz28.
I hear ya JWz28 from the day I signed up I started a thrift savings plan, and a Roth IRA...but you seem pretty savoy, might need to talk to you about some short term investing sometimes
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote