View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Discuss this with the lawyers and dogooders that say that modern cars have to be able to sustain a crash and envelope the occupants with 100 airbags while being a low emission vehicle that meets or exceeds all the laws and standards...something the 1970 Chevelle NEVER had to contend with. I agree that it sucks we could not have something like the COPO for the road right off the showroom floor. BTW: Here is a very recent wreck of a 1970 Chevelle Convertible showing how it handled a crash on the highway at speed...
You trying to scare me? Lol just because some dumbass decided to test the cars abilities and potential on the street doesn't make me want one any less. Safety is a good thing if you're into it. But I rather a vintage muscle car over what we have today and someday ill look to get one and include today's technology into it a bit. I know those of old had a hard time stopping ect. But you can install some of that technology we have today into them and they're pretty badass IMO.

And I do agree with your statement about what dogooders and lawyers want. Thing is, of you're buying a sports car like an SS camaro with this much power ect. Sure you want to be protected but I think they take it a bit too far. Idk. I think they could've made these cars about 600 lbs lighter with all the plastic n shit we have in it to make it race worthy and still be safe. For instance no back seat, bare bones edition would be nice on a car like this. We should be able to allocate and pick & choose what WE want in the car.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote