View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #26
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash389 View Post
I would greatly appreciate an actual video of how these tow hooks are installed, either by the provider or end user. The directions are lacking at best IMO, and I'm not taking a drill to front or rear of my car without something better than hand drawn sketches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Agree with Flash. I bought the kit for my 2014 1LE, but am not really sure which of the nuts to use behind the front bumper support, the one included with the tow hook, or the nut welded to the gray bar? Also, don't really see the purpose for the set screw with the front tow hook, since the flange isn't included with either front tow hook nuts. Help?
If you have experience using power tools and are familiar with simple drilling procedures, installing the front tow-hook is really quite simple. The two holes to drill through the front bumper are 1. - the larger hole is for the tow hook access and 2. - the smaller hole is for holding the receiver in place. You should have received a template to mark the locations on the crash bar to drill both holes (behind the little square trap door of the bottom grill)

The nut welded to gray bar goes behind the front crash bar.

All you need to remove is the 3 screws in the wheel well as directed in the instructions and to make it a little easier, there are two screws ( I think they are 10mm socket, if not 7mm) by the splitter to be removed to move the wheel well out a little more. You should remove these screws after you have drilled your holes in the crash bar (behind the grill) so then you will see where to place the receiver with the light shining through those holes that were made when looking through the wheel well in the opening of the crash bar. Should take you less than a half-hour to complete that aspect of it. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 07-13-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote