View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #212
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Everyone needs to figure out how to exist in this thread without getting personal.

Lets all consider a couple things here.

NO one with a modified Camaro should expect, without question, GM to fix their car. TSB or not.

What the Dealer tells you is NOT always justification for you to Balst GM. They are indeed individual companies that may or may not elect to repair your car under warranty, and some may even do it at their own cost. But that is NOT GM's Call.

GM has been consistent... If you make an internal modification you are most likely to be on your own. What the dealer does is between you and them.

This thread exists to help people elevate their problems. Not to act as an advocate. Remember GM decides if they will reimburse the dealer for the repair... Not the other way around. If you modify your car you better hope you have a good relationship with your dealer. We've proven GM is not likely to fix a modified car.

Does it suck? Absolutely. But at this stage in the game there is no excuse for not knowing the risk.

If the dealer's justification for not repairing under warranty sucks, that is between you and them. If you want to elevate you claim then this is a place for some assistance in that process. That's it.

I apologize for the rant, I have friends on both sides of this issue.

And I've had a dealer ask me to sign a waiver just to get an alignment because my car is modified...

I needed a new PDIM for the CC package and I almost didn't get that due to my supercharger.... Not GM's fault. The dealer didn't want to do it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote