View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #14
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I liked the Concept Challenger, but I love the production model... I like what they did with the tail lights, I love the lines and I don't really see how the production car is any more a rehash of the original Challenger than the new Camaro will be of the '69 Camaro... and I even like the interior... they kept it simple and functional... there is room for improvement and they will probably make those improvements... but they beat the Camaro to production by almost a year, and that was their goal.

as I've said before, I think I'll pick up a 2010 Challenger sometime in 2012... it would make a great addition to our little fleet of cars
I don't know if beating the Camaro to production by a year is much of an advantage, considering they're only making 6000 of them this year with ridiculous mark ups. Looks like GM's decision to go to production in '09 doesn't seem as lame as it did 2 years ago. They have nothing to worry about and neither does Ford. But the Challenger has to be very worried when the Camaro and updated Mustang come to the market siginificantly cheaper and faster than the Challenger. Chrysler is tied long term to the heavy sedan chassis they built the Challenger off of. It will finish a distant 3rd in every category to the Camaro and 'stang.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote