View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I haven't seen a rant/rave like this since I worked as a Customer Relationship Manager, (CRM) for GM in 99-00. Back then, GM had huge issues with Cadillac Catteras and diesel 6.5L motors in pickup trucks, both GMC and Chevy.

So you know, you can solve all this, keep it civil and keep a paper trail of all your trials and tribulations. It is all about showing that you have a case, a situation you wouldn't wish on them, or you.

Best of luck, please keep us all in the loop to resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
This was my letter to GM
I am posting it here to gather peoples thoughts on what they think should be done to make this right.

To whom it may concern,
My Name is |||||GAHDOOSH|||||; I purchased a brand new Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS from salesmen |||SALESMAN NAME||| at ||||Dealership|||| in |||Location|||| on January 31st 2013 in cash. I have since driven the vehicle 10,700 miles and I have had many issues with the car. Some of them have been taken care of and some of them still need to be addressed. I will now list them below.
• Salesmen never arrived on day of purchase
• Dealer lost spare key, had to place multiple phone calls and wait a week for the key to arrive in the mail
• Optional gauges had not been properly installed. Went to dealer to have it fixed
• Onstar mirror had to be replaced, displaying random nonexistent errors
• MyLink backup camera stopped working. Went to dealer to have it fixed.
• MyLink radio and Sat Nav very slow. Went to dealer for software update and fix.
• Tire pressure monitor system failure. Dealer is replacing/repairing.
• Driver side horn not attached to car. Dangling by cable. Dealer attached it
• Front right horn nonoperational. Dealer replaced it
• Bumper not flush with hood. Dealer has the vehicle awaiting district manager to assess.
• Bumper not the same color of vehicle, Dealer previously suggested it needed repainting, now that they are aware it is warranty the Collision Manager has decided it will not be repainted.
I have only had the car four months....

The General Motors mission statement is as follows. Safety and quality first, create life-long customers, innovate, deliver long-term investment value, and make a positive difference. I feel as though GM has not exemplified this mission statement in my case.
All of these issues and more, added to the enormous amount of time and energy that has been required to take care of these issues, has made this an unfortunate experience. My biggest fear is that all of the above issues have been found by me, and I can only see so much. It would appear that the vehicle is falling apart. I bought the Camaro because my brother has a 2010 1LT RS, and I wanted one as well. My family has owned several GM vehicles throughout the last thirty years including Impala’s, Silverado’s, and Camaro’s. This most recent purchase has been a disappointment to the entire family.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote