View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #53
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The link referring to an LS7 Camaro and "the reason they built this thing..." is a load of crap. Scott Settlemire has already dismissed that on another forum.

SO, don't worry about that...

I did find the reference to the Commodore interesting. I hadn't thought to use it as a wieght reference. So, I did a little digging at www.holden.com.au/ and here @ camaro5...here's what I found and concluded.

Specs..................Holden Commodore SS............Chevrolet Camaro

Wieght.................(with auto) 3935 lbs...................what we're discussing

Length.................192.6 inches............................. 186.2 inches

Width...................74.7 inches.............................. 79 inches

Hieght..................58.1 inches.............................. 53 inches

So...If we create cubic volumes for each of these cars, and then divide it by the Commodores wieght, then multiply it by the Camaro's "volume". We could get an educated guess as to wieght. Oh, and keep in mind the Commodore is a Sedan, and the Camaro is a coupe.

Holden "volume" = 835897. Holden's lbs. per "volume" unit = .0047075

Camaro "volume" = 779619. Guestimated Camaro's wieght = 3670 lbs.!!!!

Now keep in mind, it's also a coupe ....

NOTE: I chose to use the Commodore SS, because it uses the same 367 hp engine in the G8, and it isn't the Luxury side of the Commodore. There is a SS V car trim for the car, but I beleive that there is a lot of extra "stuff" in there. Besides the wieght difference was only, 44 lbs. or something like that. But the price difference was somewhere in the nieghborhood of 7,000+ USD...!!!