Old 06-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #153
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
Here's my experience with CT Chevy dealerships:

Terryville Chevrolet: +sales, +service
Bought my 1LE there. Fair price, no pressure. Got me the car I wanted. Only had 1 service there, only because its a bit out of the way, but happy with how they treated the car with respect... did not park it in the general lot when finished but in a "no ding" zone by the vettes They'd be my regular shop if they weren't so far away.

Gengras Chevrolet: -sales, neutral service
I tried to buy a 1LE there, even tried working with 3 different salesman. They were not responsive at all. I'm torn on service. I recently had a warrantee repair there, since they are close. It took 3 trips. I came out unscathed 2/3 but had some dealer damage on the third, some paint chips and they didnt clean the grease that had leaked, they also left their garbage in the car (which is a pet peave of mine) and parked the car in with the soccer mom cars where I could have gotten more damage. So I'm not pleased with the tech's work, but the service desk people were really decent - thus the neutral rating. I also have friends who bought and bring their family card there and have been happy. I just don't think they cater to people who OCD over their cars.

Carter Chevrolet: -sales, -service
I'll be honest and say that I did not buy a car from this dealership but have from one by the same owner in the same town. There was some shady business on the sale, managers not showing up for appointments to figure out how to resolve issues, and new damage several times by shops shared by the sister dealerships. The real caution here is the owner. When I told him about all the issues we were having with his dealership, his reply... "What do you want me to do about it!". It was difficult to get their help or attention after the sale had been made.
Added to the OP, thank you for the detailed explanations. I put the Gengras in black because this list is mostly about the dealership's service department, but it's always good to know if a dealership has a good sales team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
First off just saying AutoNation Chevy without giving a location, gives a thumbs down to around a dozen located in Florida alone. Don't forget AutoNation is the largest dealer network in the country, so that's a bunch of dealers coast to coast and was at one time around 265 in total.

As for AutoNation Clearwater, they never have a market adjustment on their cars. Anytime there is an issue they are quickly resolved without indecent. They will go above and beyond to make sure repairs are done to your expectations and in a timely matter. Also always treat their customers with respect. (Dealership)
The member commented that it was the one in Miami, but I've added the city for clarification - also added your and the below poster's comments to the Clearwater AutoNation link

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4camaro View Post
not too impressed with AutoNation Cleawater service dept., brought my Camaro in for first oil change service car returned to me with oil dripped on front of car just below the grille ,oily dirt from someones shoes on the floor and scratches in the plastic engine cover, I guess I should be happy that was all the damage done . have not returned and don't expect to.
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Jake Sweeny Chevrolet SERVICE- Cincinnati, OH

Excellent service department. I have been in quite a few times. All warranty work which included a complete HUD replacement with a rental car which they had me in and out in 10 minutes. Just dropped off my car, signed for the loaner car, was on my way.

Another time I had some paint issues...they found that it was a bad touch up job by the previous dealership when I did not own the car (Toyota dealership). Therefor it was not warrantied....however they stopped their projects just to fix my paint issue at NO COST to me. Was awesome of them to do. I HIGHLY suggest Jake Sweeny Service...

HOWEVER, the sales department. They want as much money out of you as possible. They get you down to a low price on the car but then make you sign to a higher interest rate than you deserve. Then the banks repay them some of the $$$ from your interest since they got you to sign to a high rate.

I would not recommend their sales department.

I guess that would put them into the Stealership department.

Then of course Rodgers Chevy A+++++++++

Worked with Becky a few times on a couple cars. Though never coming to a final deal...top notch service
Added - I'm trying to make this list reflect a dealership's service department more than their sales team. So if it's alright I put them in green. Let me know if you'd prefer I put them in black/red