View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
mdsbuc
Love American Muscle

Drives: Mustang GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergrayls3 View Post
Sorry to hear about your car...hopefully its as good as new when you get it back..I agree with what other people have mentioned...it sucks we have to worry about this stuff on brand new cars...i know some of you will defend gm till the end but c'mon...I'm a mechanic for a living (work on bmws) and some of these issues that we have with these cars are unacceptable for being close to 40k dollars. This is my second camaro and my whole family drives gm products..its just how i grew up...but seriously..I mean this isn't a 9k dollar Hyundai....okay sorry for the rant...good luck man and I'm glad they are taking care of you
Really just about all cars have some common "niggle." In fact I would guess that the less expensive the car the fewer the issues that occur. Since you work on bimmers, you know that their high pressure fuel pumps are failing miserably. With BMW the problem went on for years with no real fix. They'd just replace one bad fuel pump with another identical pump that could fail at anytime. Hopefully GM will find a better oil pump and resolve the problem for good.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6MT Brembo Sport
mdsbuc is offline   Reply With Quote