View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
i would just about bet $ you wouldnt think my SS still has cats. its not overbearingly loud but 100% improve from stock. maybe cuz the cats are so close to the engine on the SS
i havre run borla turbo, stinger,xr-1, flowmaster 30,40,50,80,huspower, dynomax, slp, magnaflow,magnapack, edelbrock, spintech, corsa, bassani, thrush, glasspacks, etc. so I know what most mufflers sound like.

they all have a distinct sound so if something is lounder than stock and does not sound like a pratcular muffler it narrows it down to me. so what you are describing I would think was catted pipe right away.

then again I think I have some form of autism when it comes to exhaust note. I have always wanted to like magnflow based on price but I have run them on two cars and hated them. yet some people just love them. who knows. I will also run different muffler based on whether I keed the cats on or not which some people think is retarded ha ha.

like the corsa's I ran at fist on my Z06 just screamed at WOT had Zero drone but sounded like a tractor at idel so I switched it. I think most would have left that alone. ohh well it give me and the wife something to fight about so that is the upside.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote