Thread: IPF S/C PCV Fix
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #48
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGHTYM0USE View Post
It's easy to get caught up in the pcv madness, and over-complicate the system.

I make some stuff i'm pretty proud of after learning how all this plays out on my own cars for the last 10 years or so. I use a real metal pcv valve *gasp* and no in-line checks.

am i correct that the primary concern in this thread is oil consumption or is it keeping boost out of the crank case?

Here is a link to my current instructions, everyone does it differently so in general a bad idea to use one guys can with another guys instructions, but food for thought.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/dddf24_f788...569c78447d.pdf
I think it might be different things for different ppl. For me it would be oil consumption mainly because of the propensity of these LLT motors to eat up oil.

I personally found the RX CC to not only be ineffective but exasperate the problem. My IM had oil pooled up inside. And in talking to other RX'd™ FI customers they were having the same issues as me.

With my current system that is what was supplied by IPF, I find that I have to empty my CC ever two-three weeks depending how much the car is driven. What is drained is a watery mocha looking fluid. That said I've been running this system for 14 mos and over 14k miles.

We've been bombarded with a lot of copy and paste info by a self appointed guru who's no longer allowed to post here. But to me it seems he was simply trying to create a need, so he could sell his catchcans.

I'm open to improving my setup with a product that is simple and is backed by science.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote