View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #432
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNW View Post
Ted, I really appreciate the detailed response, thanks. Wish you and the team were within reach of the NorthWest... If I actually decide to invest, I think I am down to the AEM TruBoost or the TurboSmart e-Boost2. I cannot justify the AMS given my basic needs. I am actually leaning towards the e-Boost2 for the extended features combined with simple gauge controls interface. But, based on your comment, that would likely only make sense after some selective driveline upgrades...

In fact, what is your experience on the stock AGP kit on a 2013 2SS/RS LS3 in terms of boost ranges? I read above that a boost range in 6-8psi will put me well into the 600+ range, which begins to push the envelope of my stock cam/clutch/driveline. If so, then not much need to consider EBC...

Also, I thought the kit's fuel system upgrade was good for in excess of that range - where do you see the AGP Kit's top-end in terms of its included fuel system upgrade?

Thanks again and this is a great thread, let's keep it active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
HarryNW,

Fuel system on the full kit includes 80lb injectors and a zl1 or BAP. The limit will be the zl1 or BAP which will probably max out in the mid 600s. Ted and many of the other vendors probably perfer to do the tuner kit and provide their own fuel solutions.
Your Welcome,

I set my Daughters car up with the AEM TruBoost with 3 boost levels

I turbocharged her 2006 Cobalt 2.2 5 speed

It has an 8 psi wastegate.

The boost controller has 3 settings, Off, runs on wastegate only at 8 PSI, setting A is 10 PSI, Setting B is 12 PSI.

It makes 190, 210 and 230 WHP respectively

She gets 24-26 MPG on the wastegate a lot less on settings A and B

The AEM Truboost is great for the money and works well.

You can Make the Boost lazy or responsive to the point of what the turbo is capable of providing by working with the Gate Setting in the boost controller

Bringing the boost in easy makes it easy on drive train parts but boring to drive LOL

The Drivetrain can easily handle 650 RWHP under street driving NON abusive use.

At the drag strip with sticky tires the Rear diff, axles and driveshaft are all at risk anything above 450 RWHP.

Turbochargers are HP specific so you can't just keep turning up the boost, you will over speed the turbos at some point.

There is a very simple way to figure what the turbos are good for, by taking How may LB of air Per minute and multipying by 10.

1 LB a minute will make 10 Crank HP.

In My Opinion there is only 1 Fuel Pump Solution, LPE Twin Pump good up to 850 RWHP and Possibly 900 RWHP with turbos.

Also I Prefer Injector Dynamics ID-850s.

NOTE; The ZL-1 Pump Does Not do well without an ADM Controller, and I would rate this at no more than 650 RWHP.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote