View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Countries have different regulations when it comes to vehicle specifications. For all European countries, you MUST have amber as the color of your rear turn signals (ours are red) and you MUST have a turn signal indicator on the side of the car hence the turn signals in the mirrors (like the Japanese spec'd out cars). You must also have rear foglights which I believe is incorporated in the tail lights seen here. GM cannot sell any cars in Europe without these conditions being met.

There are some pics of 2010 Camaros that look identical to ours driving around europe however, I believe they are grey market cars.
I know what you mean as far as the various regional requirements (SAE vs ECE, etc). I deal with these differences in my line of work. However, this is the first time I have seen such a significant design change, and in this case... even with better LED technology. I wonder why the EURO market would get these LED lamps and not North America. Seems like they pulled off the "after-burner" effect with these. :(