View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
HPlover
You're Dead to me Mustang

Drives: 2008 Edge, Jeep Sahara
Fun factor - Camaro-mustang-challenger

I owned a Shelby GT I just sold and it had 319 HP. The performance was upgraded along with handling, but I was not happy at 319 with the camaro coming out with 426. I am just a car fan and love HP. I paid 40K for badges 19 HP upgrade for the Shelby. Sold it with the thought I would either get a challenger or Camaro. At the time, I was told stock mustang was going to have 400 HP in 2010. We know that was BS.

I recently test drove the Challenger R/T. It felt like a slush box with no interior engine feel. It felt like a turbo charged vacuum. Starting it up was a big disappointment. It was a very quite start up and revving it was as unimpressing. My shelby Gt has a grumble to fall in love with from ignition. I felt the engine through the dash in the Mustang. Maybe it was my upgraded pipes. However, I don't see challenger as an opition anymore with the lack of muscle feel.

So...to the camaro...I didn't preorder because of my challeger experience. I want to test drive it and see what color schemes caught my eye best. That being either black or silver. No sure about orange interior accent because of the cheap plastic look in pics. But, yet I am in love the camaro never the less. I will wait a year if I have to.

The question I pose, in order to get information as early as possible, is should I expect the same sound and feel issues in the Camaro as the Challenger. I know I can change to cat exhaust, but that won't change the interior engine feel IMO. I want to hear my wife complain as she once did about how my muscle car grumbled on the interior. Its like a subwoofer to her. She says I woke babies in the neighborhood with the mustang.

Again, can I expect to start her up and get the sound I expect from a muscle car?

It's not a muscle car if it doesn't look, feel, and perform like one.
HPlover is offline   Reply With Quote