View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #310
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by micj82 View Post
i was pumped more than anbody for this car i wanted this car so bad it was unreal. thinking we had a new gm that was going to change and get the products that the people wanted out in a normal time frame. but there up to there old tricks there always last to the party freakin dodge for crying out loud!!! lol gets stuff out faster. and i'm sick of it that's all. not trying to give anybody a hard time. and what does not help is i'm not happy with my ss at all trans, paint, and fit and finish on my car have been a problem from day one. sorry it is what it is.
I understand your frustration, but I will ask you to try and understand the company on the macro level. I am still upset at the 1 Jan 2012 build date let alone the naming conflict. I was hoping for a Spring 2011 release, but it looks like that is out of the question. I was hoping that a fall 2011 release was final... At this rate, with a 1 Jan 2012 build date (not a public confirmation) the Z28/HPE may not even see daylight until summer 2012. I am a Ford fanatic, If the 2013 GT500/SVT Cobra has no competition, it will stay as it is and will not be pushed to excel without a rival.

Does GM refuses to stand toe to toe with the GT500/SVT Cobra? I don't know... If that isn't the case, I want to know why the top dog is being delayed... Don't be Floyd Mayweather, and don't tell me its because they want to make it "really good". Anyone who thinks GM engineers can't squeeze the lemon from a GM product in a short time is sadly mistaken.

There are strategic advantages to a 1 Jan '12 release and as I said before (and was chastised somewhat from some members) that GM is benchmarking the Z28/HPE off of the wrong GT500.
At this point, Ford could take a dump in a box, put wheels on it and mark it "Shelby" and it would sell out... for the 8th year straight... While GM restrains their "killer", Ford is killing it..

If it isn't the Z28, then you all were misinformed, mislead or believed something that was clearly stated to not be true from Scott himself. He never said it was a Z28, nobody did... does it really matter, what really matters is that it will not see production until 1 Jan 2012... and knowing Ford, do you really want GM to release the Z28/HPE blind and benchmarked from a 2010 GT500? I surely don't, but regardless of how I feel things should play out... I will try to decipher things on the macro level...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote