View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #141
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Back to the drawing board!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Plan "B" give up the ship..We were doing good seperating the carpet from the rubber right up to the moment when I ran my thumb through the carpet..as I said, "It was the cheapest set of mats I could find."

Well, now on to Plan "C"---I am going back to the original mats with the leather sewn on and remove all leather. We are then going to remove all the carpet in the form of a rectangle. Stacey said she can make new leathers w/new embroidering. We will then use strong epoxy glue to attach them to the backing. This should put the leather at the same height as the rest of the floor mat's carpet.
Here's hoping!!...
Ok--back to the drawing board. I messed up the mats beyond repair...I ran my knife clear through the passenger side one.. I have contacted Stacey letting her know my situation. I also contacted another vendor in maybe getting a set made with the RS/SS embroidered as they are being made....
While talking with Roger Neace at Emblempros, I ordered something else for the interior that will compliment the Defenderworx CAMARO shifter. Will be getting it soon... Thanks Roger...