View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #6988
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
... I can say from my observations and participation here Shno's House only seems to attract those that want to have fair and intelligent conversations about Z things as well as drink selection for Friday and Saturday nights.

................................................and awesome onion rings
..............................................^
Friendly places with good service.. seem to draw long term patronage.

This is also why I am less worried about the Mustang having 650 HP. At some point you need some pretty complex chassis controls (one of GM's strong suits) and as you point out, TIRES. I'll be really curious to see how they control/manage that and get enough traction down.

And we will also want to see torque curves. How do they compare down low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

I believe GM's TC and Launch Control algoriths are intended to keep maximum tractive effort to the pavement. Spinning wheels gather no velocity.

This is also why I am less worried about the Mustang having 650 HP. At some point you need some pretty complex chassis controls (one of GM's strong suits) and as you point out, TIRES. I'll be really curious to see how they control/manage that and get enough traction down.

And we will also want to see torque curves. How do they compare down low.

You make very salient points, and I see what you did there.

A rolling stone gathers no moss. Your turn of phrase was well returned.

I'm wondering how much difference there would be in the 0-60 & 1/4 mile times if the powers that be offered the Pilot Sport Cup tires as an option and got an outstanding driver to see what he could do with them. Perhaps that would shut up the cacophany. I suspect those that don't plan to track their cars just want the bragging point.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote