View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #35
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Z/28.R is the same purpose built $300k-500k race car as the current one (Camaro racecar) is. Nothing to be excited or upset about. Nothing shared with street Z/28 other than "Z/28" (as with all racecars named after their production cousins for example BOSS302R/S and other Mustangs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yes, however every street-able car is modified to some degree for racing of whatever type. Sometimes even the rules are changed to admit a car. "The" Ford enthusiast is just way over the top in his assumptions.
Looks like I need to prepare small appetizer portion of delicious crow for myself based upon the Stevenson testing pic posted elsewhere, the aero looks to be OE Z/28. So that is good and I suppose makes sense given the testing the engineering team put into aero.

I'll be glad and proud to eat a larger portion if the drivetrain carries over essentially intact from the street car. That would be a shock. Ok, back on topic for this thread!

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote