View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
autobotaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro LS
Barton Shifter Vibration Disappears w/ windows down

Sounds weird I know but it was repeatable several times this morning.

Installed my Barton shifter about two weeks ago and absolutely love it but it does tend to have some vibration feedback, at upper rpms (4k-5k), that I can hear and feel through the stick.

I am 100% sure it is installed correctly and yes the vibration is coming from the shifter as I can feel it and see it also. At least it is translating through the shifter.

Morning temps the last few days have been around 70 degrees here so I had the windows down driving to work. I noticed yesterday that I neither heard nor felt any of the vibrations through my shifter when accelerating hard. On the way home when it was close to 100 degrees I had the windows up and yep there was my shifter vibrating when briskly accelerating.

So this morning had the windows down again and same thing no vibrations. Put the windows up and accelerated hard and there it was again. Immediately put the windows down and accelerated hard, no audible vibration or vibrations felt through the shifter.

Now I would call myself crazy and this a fluke if I couldn't repeat it which I have been able to so far. I am going to test again this afternoon.

Curious to see if any Barton or Hurst owners having vibrations can test this as well.

I am wondering if by opening the windows the lack of pressure in the cabin is dissapating some overall vibrations that just happen to be translating through the shifter. If the tranny was the source of the vibrations, I don't see how the windows would make a difference.

Any ideas???
autobotaz is offline   Reply With Quote