Thread: Flooded Car
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARU View Post
You now have a flood damaged car and will never be the same. Moisture gets everywhere. All of the electronics will have to be replaced. Demand a brand new car. Even if you have all of the work done to make the car run and smell good again, it will still forever be a flood damaged car. Your resale value is out the window. The dealer doesn't have a leg to stand on. Your car might as well have been in Issac. It's the same thing. Call all the way to Detroit if you have to and keep on screaming until they replace your car. I got my Pontiac Grand Prix painted for free by directly calling Michigan. Give them hell!
I asked the service manager why is it "ok" to have the car setting outside taking on water? He said that it was going to get new carpet. I then asked him if he vacuumed the water out the car after he tested to discover the location of the leak, he said absolutely. I asked, Why?! There was silence.

The empty spot is where my car was parked before I discovered it. I was told that it was being moved inside and put on the lift for the storm in case there was a flood.
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote