View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #208
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
When Scott said that it would be more expensive than the ZL1, I died a little inside. I expect $70k out the door.

Z/28s have always been affordable and I think this is a huge mistake, but it's just me. Yes, I get the brakes and the gears and the LS7 are incredible. But I'd rather pay $55k for a car with creature comforts which still performs like an absolute beast. That three seconds just isn't enough of a difference for me to justify such a hefty price tag for a stripped-down Camaro. I'm afraid they've priced themselves out of the market and no one will buy the Z, and that such a failure may make them decide to eliminate it for good. Long shot, I know, but a concern.

The 1LE now seems to be what the Z/28 has always been.

I was planning on a 50th anniversary Z/28 in 2017, but if they continue this pricing through the 6th gen, I'll be getting a 50th anniversary SS/1LE.
As I mentioned, a sucker born every minute and everyone they build will sell. And then some will be up for sale pretty quick, some up for sale 2-5 yrs afterwards for a much better price. As for your 6th gen? The Z/28 will run into that production and it won't be near the cost of this one I wouldn't think. It just might replace the SS as the 2nd gen did, not to mention that the SS has been taken to the 4dr to compete with the charger. So there's a lot of questions that are in the air. The chevelle is recently been trademarked which leads me to believe they'll stop production on the camaro and introduce a chevelle at some point. Isnt that what dodge is doing from challenger to barricuda? I'm speculating of course but with all these moves going, on something's happening and changing. The 5th gen was Chevys pride & joy for capitalization. They've done a wonderful job with it. We'll see what happens in a cpl yrs.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote