View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
cool, I'll take a look at the thread. Yeah, after reading more I have no intention of doing my Camaro. At least not anytime in the near furture. Though in Alaska the Sun is not very powerful, the car is garage kept and off the road 6 months of the year. I could probably do it and be fine (would use the Velvet probably) with a paint thickness gauge.

That post I originally did was a while ago in hopes of someone pointing me in the right direction. I've read tons since then. No need or desire to go to Rotary anymore. I think the Flex will be more than enough. Going to see what dust nib tools there are.

Yes, either wetsanding or denim to remove OP. This will be on fresh paint though with at least two coats of clear. Well, what I will be practicing on is 6 months old now so we'll see how hard the clear coat got. It is not from the factory and baked on so we'll see. For the most part I need to learn to level OP for projects like art panels, fuse box covers, furniture...stuff I will be painting, like this: