Thread: Nitrous help
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I'm looking at the possibility of putting nitrous on the car and know a few have done it. I was hoping the following could be put together for me and anyone who follows.

1. I'd heard the jets put together in the Zex kit are off. What should the combos be? Have they gotten better with the kit?

2. What are the correct spark plugs for running nitrous?

3. What levels are safe without a tune, and when are we at the point a tune is needed.

The performance some of you have gotten with it is really impressive and it's starting to cool down slightly so I want to get it together and get to the track.

Thanks.
1. Yup jets are off and not sure if they fixed it. Doubt they have. 55 shot = 17 fuel/36 nitrous 75 shot=19f/42n 100 shot=21f/46n 125 shot=24f/52n 150 shot= 27f/58n

2. Spark plugs are already a cold 6 so I went one colder (7). They are NKG LTR7IX-11

3. Zex claims 55 shot is safe without a tune but no more. Max ran his at the track and ran several dynos without a tune using a 100 shot. My guess is a 75 should be fine but its only a guess based on my own experience. Any more than that and you better get tuned.

The best person to ask for general advice is Scrmng. He has alot of experience with Zex nitrous.

Oh and by the way. The only thing that affects nitrous is humidity so, DA won't mean squat runnin it! As scrmng says, "it makes its own environment".
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote