View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilLE View Post
Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.
Dealers normally only stock tires that are fast movers. Mainly because they don't need a set of tires sitting there for months or years taking up $1400 worth of inventory. ZL1s and 1LEs are a low production vehicle. Just because a dealer has or sells a few, doesn't mean that those people will come back within a year to buy tires.

Unfortunately, unless you live in a large metro area, this is just something you're gonna have to deal with. Just one of the downsides of owning a ZL1 or 1LE. I wouldn't really worry that much about it though. When owning one of these cars, the plusses far outweigh this minor negative.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote