Thread: Speeders BEWARE
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #16
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
but there are lots of places to "open 'em up", but, neighborhoods are not the place. I often take the SS out to the local interstate, bypass, etc., and "stretch his legs".
Umm, interstates aren't the place to redline your performance vehicle either. But we do it late at night when nobody's on the road, right? ...riiight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001
There are not enough police officers and related resources to post them at all the trouble spots. Speed cameras aren't perfect and can, like red-light cameras, falsely ticket someone when a live police officer would see that there was no offense. Who's to say the camera was calibrated properly?
There's no calibration needed with CCTV and it's all being recorded. Now some of you might think that CCTV is getting into "Big Brother" territory or just creating privacy concerns, but if an on-duty officer is monitoring a "troubled area" just as he/she would be if they were cruising it anyway and looking for speeders, crime etc... and can not see into someone's house... then I don't see the big deal. One cop could monitor a larger area, and get the whole offense on tape. Just driving through a neighborhood and seeing warning signs alerting you that you're being monitored and recorded would deter most drivers right away. Not impossible, but hard to argue with video.

And giving a license & car to a 16 year old kid is just plain stupid. Young males drivers (ages 16-19) speed more often than older drivers, so for this, states ought to restrict licensed drivers to 18 and up, period.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote