View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
Adrian,
the problem people here have is, we don't like to see ANY business jack a car above a "msrp" stage because it gives you guys plenty of money even at the msrp rate to make a profit. It doesn't mean u guys have to jack up a car to sell it. Look at it from our standpoint. The average joe can't afford to pay above retail due to the fact that the car will at some point NOT be worth it.
IF someone buys this car for $2 grand above retail, a year from now, it WON"T be worth it. This does NOT help your customer nor you guys for hi-jacking your customers to the tune of $3 thousand above invoice.
All it does is leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth and believe me, everyone will remember the dealers who dealt them above msrp. The reason GM puts out a msrp, is hopefully you guys will adhere to it to give a 'reasonable' pricepoint on this car. It looks like greed has won out on this end.
I don't wanna hear that you're providing a service, because frankly, you guys are running off of our taxpaying money right now, so that sorta makes you folks a little more accountable to joe q. taxpayer at the moment. Some dealers won't admit that this has become an 'open season' on people's emotions and that fact that it is a hot car and it has been a fiasco for the common guy to try to get one at a reasonable cost. I find it in very bad taste in this economic climate for any car manufacturer to take advantage of the situation after all the bailouts and i sincerely hope that this comes back in the face of all dealers who think they have to inflate the price to the level of ridiculous proportions. No amount of your reasoning will change the majority of us here who want this car at a price we can all live with.
you keep the car at msrp, keep yourself honest and treat us right, and you get a customer for life.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote