View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
What would you do?

I won't go into detail here since I have vented in other posts, but here's the short version:

My 'bee was the only one allocated in our area. It was in a show or two represented by my dealer before I got it. When I purchased it, it had 125 miles on it.

When I took delivery of it, I immediately noticed some scratches and rail dust, which they said they would take care of.

My car has been at the dealer now since 5/24, and this was the 3rd visit. They had to reshoot the front bumper cover, polish out some finish scratches, replace three of the stripes, adjust a door, and reprogram the air bag system. Their communication with me has been very poor during this last visit.

My friend is a manager at this dealer. He said that if I wasn't 100% satisfied with this last repair attempt, they would write me a check and buy the car back from me. He's a guy that can stand behind that offer.

I am into my third week without the car. It's almost like I don't care any more. I've since purchased a daily driver, so if the deal does go sour I now have another set of wheels.

I feel like I'm in a marriage that I no longer enjoy. At the same time, in her absence, I miss her. Somehow I don't think the relationship will ever be the same.

What would you do? Leave her there and take the money? Give her another chance? I'm torn. Any advice or comments are welcome.