View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #90
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Nope. Never crossed my mind, but as we all know... If you want consistent times at the track, an auto is the way to go...

Also owning an automatic, you no longer have to worry about clutch issues... Example: clutch sticking to floor, glazed flywheel, dirty fluid, adding a seperate reservoir, 1st- 2nd gear grind, hill assist, clutch and flywheel replacement.. Etc. there's more reasons why not to buy a stick then there are to buy a stick.

Bottom line is, the choice is yours...
The choice is his in the long run but the issues that you talk about are true but only if you drive like an idiot. there are plenty of manual cars with over 100k miles with no trans issues. even in a automatic you can break something on the track (including the trans depending on the cars setup and track conditions) inevitably manual or automatic, both are subject to wear and tear.
One of the reasons for me buying a manual is because its a challenge, not to daily drive it but when racing. in a automatic some like the security of a perfect run every time but i like banging through the gears myself and i get a rush because if i know that if i miss a gear i could be eating dust or mess up my trap time. so if you want to be flawless be my guest and get a auto but bottom line its more fun driving a manual.