View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Thumbs up Found and bought a CGM 2010 SS today...

You never know what you might come across while surfing the net. I've had a cyber gray 2010 SS on order since November, which is supposedly in assembly right now. Here I was surfing Camaro5, and Joe M. from Classic Chevrolet here in the Houston area makes a post, saying he has a cyber gray SS in stock. It was an early pre-order, but the buyer backed out. This dealership was only 10 minutes away from me, and the car was nearly identical to what I ordered. I ordered mine with silver stripes and the dark RS wheels. This one had black stripes and polished wheels, the rest was the same. 2SS/RS, manual 6-spd, black leather, no sunroof. Perfect! So, I hopped in the car within minutes of seeing the post, and went to meet Joe and see the car. Top notch service, everyone at Classic was very friendly. I paid MSRP for the car, which was $36K and some change. I slapped down my trusty GM card and knocked another $1K off the price tag. The Camaro was fresh off the transport truck, still wrapped in the plastic and paint protection sheets. I brought my 9-yr old son with me to experience the thrill of buying a new car. He was very excited to see a "Bumblebee", even if it wasn't yellow.

Had a nice 60 mile commute back home in the evening. These cars get a lot of attention! Just about every car that we came across gave the thumbs up or waved. A few even snapped pics while they drove, albeit dangerous to do so. What a fun evening, and a great Friday this turned out to be. Here I was, expecting to wait at least another month, worrying about GM going bankrupt. Then this car comes out of nowhere, even though I've been searching for the last 2 months to find one sooner.

Here are some initial pics, but I'll do a nice shoot over the weekend.

Photos from the dealership this morning, taken with my Blackberry:

Tony