Thread: TCI Line Lock
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
What problems did you have? I purchased a set from Spohn Performance which where the TCI and mine seems to be fine. Just curious to see what you issues were/are.

Heres the problem. The brass fitting is not tapped deep enough to get the stock brake line to seal. So what happens is the stock flair nut bottoms out in the brass fitting before the double flair seats. Creates a massive brake fluid leak. We have searched high and low for a re-placement brass fitting, no luck. We tried finding a flair nut for the purpose of making a tap to fix the brass fitting. No luck. I made several calls to TCI tech line today. All I am asking for is a spare brass fitting and a flair nut to make a tap. I have been jerked around all day. I am being told they have to wait til some dude comes out of a meeting to OK them sending me $2 worth of parts. Another option would be to us a dremel with a cut off wheel and shorten the stock flair nut. Very delicate work and I refuse to do that to the stock brake line, to make there junk work. Not to mention were doing jack shit stuff on a braking system of a very fast car.

IT'S TOTAL GARBAGE!
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote