View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #299
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Unfortunately the exhaust was the first mod I did way back when. I didn't get a chance to weigh the stock system but I believe (from what others have said) that it weighs about 70 lbs. I upgraded to 3" stainless pipes when I did the upgrade so the actual weight savings was probably only around 20 lbs. I'm not planning any other mods that require dropping the exhaust pipes so unless I get really bored one day and want to drop them just to see what they weigh, I can't give you an exact number.

I've considered the weight savings of custom seats but there really isn't that much there to save unless I get really serious about racing and sacrifice street comfort for all-out race seats. I'm not planning on that right now but in the future... who knows. I keep thinking I'm "done" modding this car then I see something else I hadn't thought of.... I don't have "mod-itis" as bad as some do on this forum but I'm getting pretty close lol.

Thank you sir!
Thanks again. And know we appreciate the education and the hard work and time involved.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote