View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #33
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0617 View Post
Umm.....no it isn't. And it hooks perfectly. Mods in sig. If I heat the tires a little by spinning them for a few seconds I can dead hook it on the street by just matting it to the floor. No bog at all. If I don't heat the tires (15 minute drive up the interstate only) I can hook it in first gear by just quickly rolling the pedal down, on the floor about 1/2 way or so through 1st gear. I can hit the spray immediaItely after the 1-2 shift on the street and it stays hooked. No spin, no bog. Wish I could take you for a ride. Even in 50 degree weather and 30 psi in the Nittos I can get it to hook well before the 1-2 shift without heating the tires any more than a 15 minute drive up the interstate.

.....and when you get it to hook in 1st gear, it is amazing how much it helps each subsequent gear. Car flies. I don't know if it is because the converter is stalling right for the rest of the gears or what, but when I used to spin through 1st it killed 2nd and then that didn't feel like it recouperated until into 3rd.

Stock alignment and it just blew the tires off. Same tires I'm running now. When you get it to start hooking, it will start transferring weight back more and quicker, which makes the rear squat more, which means you need even more positive camber. Toe is actually -0.2 rather than -0.25, I just checked. You need positive rear toe. Without it, the tires will point outward on launch and it will feel like the rear is going wherever it wants.
I'm glad it is working for you, and I disagree with your logic.BUT what the heck do I know...
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote