View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #25
kylepo

Drives: 2002 firehawk.....missing 02CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
In all likelihood, the Evo will run down the V6, but I really think that people have put the LS3 on a pedestal when the engine we should be nearly worshiping is the 300-hp LLT. We should be bowing down and drooling over the fact that this V6 will beat any classic Camaro or Mustang V8. The LS3 and L99 engines do exactly as they should. They almost match Corvette performance by the numbers, and they beat the other pony cars.

Yes—there are a lot of cars that will beat the V6, but those wins won't be by a large amount. We're not talking about your average V6 here. The horsepower gap is evidence enough that the LLT will compete with, if not beat, any car between 200 and 350 hp. When I say that it will compete, I mean that it will steal buyers and perform on a comparable level. With light modification, the LLT will get ahead of many cars that will hand it defeat out of the factory. Being as responsive to mods as it is, we should be grateful that GMPP is supporting it with a few bolt-ons. Soon, we'll have aftermarket cam options, tunes, and other components. We already know that Pedders is building a GM-authorized suspension, and that forced induction will be in the works once companies get to play with it.

The truth is that if you want to race other cars, the V6 is actually more competitive than the V8. The 400 ponies that the V8 boasts won't attract as much attention from potential opponents because they'll know that defeat is inevitable. People who want to race will race to win, and if you're driving an easily underestimated V6, then people will want to run you into the ground. How great will it feel to take a modified LS or LT and crush a 350Z. Can you imagine being 16-25 years old with steelies and a supercharger cruising to a stoplight when an Eclipse pulls up boasting a buzzing exhaust can and a subwoofer? If the V6 loses to 350Zs and Geneses, then it did what it was supposed to do: draw attention. If a modified one wins, it shows the durability and performance of a GM V6 and how superior the LLT's technology is to companies that have been "experts" at turbo I4s and V6s for decades.

im not doubting how good the v6 is however it is not good enough. Im sorry to say this but the camaro is to heavy. a v6 front wheel drive accord coupe will beat the v6 camaro im pretty sure If the numbers I saw were correct on the accord and just going by the prelim numbers on the camaro. that is not acceptable. and dont give me all the BS on safety standards and shit adding the weight because the new accord is new. any accord beating any camaro is not acceptable. and by the way im a die hard GM/camaro/firebird fan. and my family has had a gm store for 4 generations. just not happy that as good as the v6 is its not the top dog in its class as it should be. also Im confident the camaro would beat the accord in the turns. but like I said im think unless they improve the #s on the v6 the accord will beat it stop light to stop light.
kylepo is offline   Reply With Quote