View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
Hey guys I have a dumb question about this HID kit.

Did you have to put a ballast in for each light? or can you run 2 lights off one ballast?

Does this setup operate basically like a dual filament halogen? 1 bulb, 2 settings?

I'm doing my homework for another type of headlight conversion. I'm going to do the BMW lights like on the trans am conversion. I got a smokin' deal on some headlights but they're the halogen setup from BMW. I want my setup to work a little differently than BMW intended though. Each light has 2 bulbs, a high and low and the high is off unless being used. I am going to put dual filaments in both so both are on for low and both can kick on for high. (going for the quad headlight look) Doing this on a halogen setup is easy, but I want to do it with HIDs.

SO... what I need is an HID bulb that can do a high and low setting in a single bulb. which it appears that this kit does, correct?
Yes, each bulb has a ballast. I had to zip tie up two of them.

I don't know what to tell you on your setup but I will say that from my understanding it's not a High/Low beam (one on - one off) type system. It's supposed to be 1 light and when you turn on the High Beam it changes the angle of light reflection not a second light or the light's wattage or anything. The same bulb stays on all the time.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote