View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #39
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
It was exciting to know that confirmation of the Z/28's arrival in 2011 is getting stronger. However, that made me think whether I really wanted to get it.

The thing is, the 2010 SS has excellent performance numbers. However, I took it for a test drive and the experience left me lukewarm. I did however enjoy the test drive of the 2010 Shelby GT500.

Now I am thinking the Z/28 will place better on the road or have better handling but I don't know for sure. The problem is I will probably never get a test drive for a long time (maybe 1-2 years after release?) since every order will be virtually a sold order. It took me about a year from release to get a test drive of the 2010 SS.

So I am full of extreme doubt right now. It is a huge risk not to test drive it before purchasing due to my experiences with the 2010 SS test drive. Conceivably I could make a test drive conditional of a purchase when I order the Z/28, but I think it is too much of a commitment too late. I could be driving in a 2011 Shelby GT500 in Spring 2011 rather than roll the dice with a Fall 2011 Z/28 test drive (which would mean if I didn't like it I would have to wait until Spring 2012 to purchase a Shelby GT500).

Anyway: I was wondering if anyone can give their 2c on the matter.
Why are you comparing the GT500 to the SS? If that is your budget compare it to the Hennessy for the same price and power