View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #95
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Lee View Post
Hi,
I've been using Mobil 1 because that's what GM put in our cars. I was tempted to use Valvoline SynPower (synthetic) oil because it was a bit cheaper than Mobil 1, BUT:

I don't know if this has been asked - I was reading the 'additional' instruction manual and it states that for V6 use GM6094 certified oil. For V8, use GM4718M synthetic oil.
When I read the labels on Mobil 1 and Valvoline SynPower, only Mobil 1 states that it meets both GM 4718 and GM6094. Valvoline only has 'GM6094'.

Should we be using Valvoline SynPower for the SS Camaros?

I did go to the Valvoline Website to find if it can be used in our Camaros, and this is what it said: "Because your CAMARO is a performance vehicle.....we recommend that you use Valvoline's SynPower Full Synthetic Motor Oil. SynPower delivers superior engine protection by fighting the 3 major causes of engine stress: heat, deposits and wear. SynPower provides outstanding high and low temperature wear protection, superior cold start properties and powerful detergents to help prevent deposits and sludge."

Thanks,
BL
BL,

That's good info you provided for us/me. Just bought about 4 months ago my first 2013 Camaro/RS and with current mileage of only 3800K I'll be changing over to Mobil 1 5W-30 and a Delcon filter in about another 5 months I fugure.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote