View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #8
shelbyGT500

Drives: 07 shelby GT-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I don't think that proves anything. Being an auto enthusiest I am sure that, like us, much of anything is going to kill this guy's interest in the car. You have to consider the average person who will be buying this car that is not necessarily an enthusiest. Imagine someone going into a dealership after seeing this amazing car in the transformers movie, then seeing it promoted elsewhere ready to buy. They walk in and ask if they have any of the new Camaros on the lot... "I'm sorry sir, the Camaro is not scheduled to come out for another year and a half." Ok, I'll go buy a mustang or Challenger instead.

Not to say that this is going to happen a lot, but I wouldn't be suprised if it does cost them quite a few sales.
I own a car dealership and i can assure you that the camaro is going to lose alot of sales .Yes some of the enthusiast will hold out for the car but you need to look in the eyes of the general public. When you see something in magazines,movies ,advertising for 2+ years, By the time the car comes out it will have outdated itself.People like the "new look" . Chevrolet is making a huge mistake. It also hurts brand loyalty.Most people who own the current camaro will dispose of it to buy a challenger or or mustang. Its hard to drive the same car for 7 years. When you plan on selling 100,000 cars a year, the last thing you should do is over advertise the car premature. GM is not going to make their $$ by the 5% who are enthusiast and buy the top dog. They plan on making their $$ on the 6cyl cars .. Yes I will wait for it only because i own a shelby, have a challenger on allocation and want to own all 3 modern muscle cars.I am a small collector, There is a big difference ..The average joe will not afford all three, they will go with whats out there "right now" or "soon".For this reason, I think the prolonged wait will actually really help gt 500 sales and the challenger keeping the public paying higher and prolonged premiums . Thanks GM , While your at it why dont you come out with a silverado ss like you said you were going to...........20 years later...........I will also say this,If all three came out around the same time, I can assure you that the "premiums" being paid for these cars would immidiatley disappear.I paid a $18,000 premium for my Shelby.Sucks but i wanted it.
shelbyGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote