View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMaro View Post
I have been dealing with this for over a year . . .It happens in the winter and the summer . . . . . I have meth so I know the engine is not hot . . .pulled over the first time I got it and popped the hood . . . . .engine temps were low and meth was doing its thing . . . .tried a re-flash and a disconnect . . .it it still comes and goes . . . .I started mods at 400 miles so I am not sure if it is mod related but I do not think it is . . . .

Still looking for an answer.

DC
This just happened to me last night about 3 miles from pulling out of my garage. I selected the coolant temp off my Aeroforce dual gauges and it read 167 (160 degree thermostat), so this tells me it can't possibly be a sensor problem. Also, it can't be a tune problem - as that hasn't changed in quite some time. I'm thinking a loose connection somewhere, since it started working again about 5 miles later AND I had problems with my fuel gauge not working on the way back from the Sturgis 2013 Camaro Rally a month ago. The fuel gauge problem happened about 3 times and would return to normal after a short high speed WOT pass. I think the sudden exceleration was shaking a connection somewhere - fuel gauge problem hasn't happened again, but I suspect both the fuel gauge and coolant temp gauges are tied to a loose connection to the dash. And also.... had been drag racing and high G turns at the autocross - even found out I totally blew out my Phadt right front inner lower control arm bushing. The car drove great on the way back, but when I put the front car up on jacks hanging to check something - I found one side of the bushing split apart and was hanging ~ 90 percent out (just pinched). Pretty sure it was in place the whole time until I took the suspension load off it - since after this I could move the tire with the steering wheel locked about 15 degrees and could even touch the front bumper with my tire. I caught Pfadt just in time to have the part overnighted on 7/3 to quickly replace and race on 7/5. I'll post up if I find the loose connection, but currently everything is okay again.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote