View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #653
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
What we don't want to lose sight of is the choice. GM wins every time when the choice is between a SS, Z28 and ZL1. GM can lose when the Choice is between a SS and a GT or Boss or Boss LS or GT500. People in marketing and or product planning have a matrix running on this right now. Not because of the thread, but because it is what they do.

Base SS $34K
Base Z28 $44K
Base ZL1 $54K

For the high performance buyer I see clear choices based on engine choice and price point. I also see conquest sales for Chevrolet at all three price points. With the simplified Z/28 list it really comes down to three items.

1. Can the LS7 and short list of goodies, go into the Z/28 at $44K?
2. Does the market research support what we belive to be true?
3. Does the business case support what we belive to be true?

Wander over to the SS vs Mustang threads on this forum. I get the feeling a large percentage of Ford sales are made over engine choice. That includes the GT Premium Chassis because people are so 'sold' on 'Ford's superior engine technology' (Boss and GT500). Please don't flame me over that line. It is an OBSERVATION. It is my OPINION of what a Ford owner / buyer thinks. It is why I love the LSA choice for the ZL1 and would love the LS7 choice for the Z/28. They put GM's engine technology front and center in the Camaro vs whatever buying decision process.

I should stop before I offend my friends over at GM.

PS: If GM decides to build the Z/28 with a LS7 all I want for compensation is VIN 427

Now that we have made the decision to go forward with the LS7 Z/28 based on this thread, can we talk about the limited production run Camaros. Those would be 100 car runs from LPE and of course the PEDDERS Edition.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote