View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #83
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Not unless you place the nozzles to spray after the air charge has passed through the intercooler, otherwise the incoming meth-cooled air would actually be heated up by passing through the factory setup. If there were any cooling benefits, they would be minimal, at best.

You do know that all the LSA engines are broken in at the factory before they are ever placed in the chassis, right? Little chance of any engine bearing failure due to not following the recommended break-in procedure. And last I checked, Scott is not a mechanical engineer.
FWIW - I found an article in GMHTP where Redline tested meth' on their HTR850-car, with a 3.6L KB. That car was having issues with heat soak at 17 psi (427 ci) and the PCM was pulling a lot of timing. Anyways - Tanner installed a stage II system and nozzles in the inlet, behind the TB, in front of the blower inlet, and they gained almost literally 100 RWHP back from the meth cooling the charge. I'm not sure it this is normal, however, that's what the test results were. I believe this was a February or March issue of this year. Take it for what it's worth http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...eat/index.html

I'm sorry Torq to bring another Sponsor in, but it was somewhat related. No disrespect intended

Respectfully...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote