View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #56
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
Installed My Kooks today. Broke O2 Sensor

So I had everything ready to go. Go to the Craft shop so that I could install my Headers and Spark plug wire covers.

I removed the Engine cover and Spark plug wires and Dip stick.

Lifted the car and removed the belly pan, O2 Wires then Disconnected the home made cat deletes.

Lowered the car and removed the bolts on the Manifolds and Nuts for the pipes from them.

Lifted the car and removed the Pipes. Removed three of the four O2 sensors easily. The last of course broke because it was so tight I think from my tuner making cat deletes.

Added the extra wire that was supplied to lengthen the O2 wires.

Slid the headers up on both sides place the Gasket in then bolted them in.

Lowered the car and bolted everything up from the top. Replace the plug wires and installed the heat protection for the wires.

Raised the car and install the cats that came with the Kooks just to be legal. I will probably order cat deletes from Kooks because I like the sound. Installed all the O2 sensors except the one that broke. Removed the rubber boot on the steering knuckle since it was touching the header. Cut the belly pan.

Now I need the Part number for the upper (front Right) O2 sensor so that I can order it. They wanted 200 dollars here in German. Not paying that for it.

Here are the pic of the start and completed work.
Attached Images

2012 Camaro ZL1 #151, GCN, Dyno results 701 RWHP
Mods; 2.55 Pulley, CAI, LG Cam Package Ti Springs and 9G2X Cam, RX Can, KDI Heat exchanger, Hurst shifter, Orcale Ghosted marker lights, Kooks Long tube headers with Cats deletes and Tuned by Kraftwerks, Pedders 1 inch lowering Springs, Front and rear sway bars, Rear cradle bushing, BMR Trailing arms and toe rods.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote