View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
yenkotown

Drives: Hyundai 2.0T 10 former Corvettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
After watching that race, why would you not want anything but a Camaro (for racing road courses). It walked all over the Vette, Mazda, Porsche, Austin Martin, BMW, Audi, Mustang and Ferrari. And for the Vette fans, don't give me that BS about "it's the driver", as the Vette had Boris Said driving it, well known for his road course skills. He just couldn't catch the Camaro to pass it. That was fun and exciting to watch. Just unfortunate one of the Prototypes took out the Stevenson car, as it was dominating the second race for the GT class.

It was my first Grand Am race and I loved it!
Congratulation to all the Camaro success.....BTW, the Corvettes are not really competitive in this series because they are heavily handicapped by engine, brakes,tires, and suspension... regulations for the ALMS cars are far faster than the GrandAm cars.....they are built completely to a different set of regulations. For example the Corvette and Camaro can race one another in the FIA GT3 series worldwide but the Camaro has little or no chance with the Corvettes. They are very different animals...just root for both !!
yenkotown is offline   Reply With Quote