View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #253
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Royal Purple tranny fluid is known to help some. Just put the GM crap back in before warranty trans service.

Syncros may still break-in some.

May need another tranny.

None posted so far.

We do believe any unit will break with excess wheel-hop.

It is a waste for jrhaus76, but I am getting a lot out of this thread.

And quite frankly, if I owned one of the questionable range of cars, I probably wouldn't be so calm calm about it.

Maybe I would:

1. Let it go, and just see if it breaks someday - you know, maybe after the warranty is expired...

2. Beat the hell out of it, minus wheel-hop, and see if it breaks when I expect it to, rather than when I am pulling out in front of traffic with my kids in the backseat.

Sudden, total drivetrain failure, IS a safety hazard. I'd be suing the hell outta the NEW GM, if mine broke and caused an accident.

3. Spend the money to install an upgraded output shaft, available in the aftermarket soon. Might as well put in axles with cv joints that don't explode too.

$$$$

GM does listen to us. Sometimes they just wait for the mass media to pick up on our feelings before they respond, that's all.

Burying this issue in the "forbidden zone" seems to be extending the issue though.

I've never seen another car forum, that hides issues in a back-room, seldom visited area.
I hope GM does agree with you and me that this is a SAFETY issue and should not be compared to other problems this car has faced like the slow L99 issue for example. As for this forum hiding this issue in a seldom visited area, they are just taking the "protecting GM approach" while letting those of us interested in this issue to keep talking about it while keeping traffic stumbling upon this thread lower than if it was in a more popular section of the forum. Hence why I didn't even know this thread was created for a few days until I was made aware of it in the old thread.

However with that said, lets not focus on the forum or the way they are handling or not handling this issue. It is clear we all have to stick together and focus our efforts to get GM to come on here and let us know what's going on. So obviously talking about this issue and raising awareness of it to other forum members who own Camaro's in the 25,000 vin range and below. We need to know a lot of information that is being kept from us. A few of us have already mentioned what we as Camaro owners need to know. Safety is my number 1 concern and should be your concern GM. Take this issue more seriously than you are and tell us how far you've gotten in your investigation about this issue so we can have a resolution and peace of mind that you actualy care about lives vs money or profit as Toyota did with the placemat issue.. Take us seriously here as we will not quiet down until you talk to us GM....