View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #16
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Good job cat.....doing this work on your own without air tools is a pain for sure.
Thank - you Blade, Yep I now looking into a couple air tools for sure, to help me out with some other routine car jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan View Post
Can't wait for the videos
I did some videos today at 4pm. I was home and in the middle of loading those to prep for the forums, when I got a phone call from a friend of mine who couldn't use his Detroit Red wing tickets and wanted to know if I wanted them. Didn't take long for me to say HELLL YES. So I left the house at 6 pm with my son to meet his wife and get the tickets for the game. By the way they won 5 - 0. GREAT GAME.

So the videos might get loaded tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
I just installed my ARH LT's yesterday and it took my my dad and I about the same amount of time. I already had Doug Thorley shorties so there was plenty of room to get to all the bolts. I think it was easiest to remove and install the bottom bolts while being underneath the car and the top bolts while working from up top. Great write up!
AWESOME spending some quality time with your DAD. Yes, I agree the bottom bolts from the bottom and the top bolts from above.

And Thank - you for the compliment on the write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
is welding required for installing the headers?

Long tube no.............Shorties, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Depends on the header obx is no. Dt shorties however need welding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Nice.. I'm surprised you guys was able to torque every one of those bolts down. I couldn't get to some of them with my big arse tq wrench and had to go by feel. I don't have any leaks after 10k miles still, but would like to check some of those bolts one day just to be sure. Just don't know what I have to use to torque some of those bolts down. Got any pic of the tools used?

Thank - you
Torque wrench. I knew we forgot something......Went by feel only. There is no room to get a torque wrench in there and tighten these bolts. Hell I had a tough enough time getting the tools I was using in there just to tighten them down. I have no leaks. I will be checking them again after 100 miles just to be sure too.