View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
There's nothing to screw up! We've been assured that it won't effect the appearance of the Car. It'll be behind smoked glass, so as not to be seen. DON'T WORRY, GM won't botch this car up over a freaking B-Pillar!!

And I doubt that it's real-world effectiveness that's forcing them to put a B-Pillar in. It's mostly 5-star regulations.

Anyways, it's not like the Window-space is going to be significantly decreased or anything, you'll still have that rear-window to look out of, it just won't open. And we're still gonna have the F-Body-famous Enormous door on this thing.

It'll be real close to the Mustang's, except you wont be able to see it on the outside:
I must fully disagree...in a sense.

First, it won't effect the appearance greatly. But, it will effect it. I was told that this was the plan as of right now because they couldn't figure out how to keep the cost and weight down while allowing both windows to roll down. This is only the plan as of now. Technically, it's still a possibility that they could do it. But, I wouldn't bet on it at all.

Yes, it will effect it for me. I want a large opening and I want both windows to roll down....period. The way it looks in the pix is the way I want it. I'm not an engineer or designer, so I don't know what materials could be used to strengthen the roof. I don't know how much more it would weigh. I don't know how much more it would cost. But, I know the answers to these questions would not deter me from buying the car. 50lbs more?...100lbs more??? I don't care. $350 more in cost to strengthen the roof? Sure. I'd be happy to pay out of pocket. But I do know that when I'm driving down the road, I want that entire area open. I want to be able to turn my head to the left and back and have open air w/ no blind spots.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote